We are hiring! Digital Communications Specialist (Part-time)
60% position, based in Johannesburg
Pro Helvetia Johannesburg is the Southern African office of Pro Helvetia, the Swiss Arts Council. We facilitate the presentation of Swiss contemporary arts practice in the Southern African region, and artistic exchange and collaboration between Switzerland and Southern Africa. We also provide strategic support to the development of artistic networks, mobility and collaboration within Southern Africa, through a cooperation agreement with the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).
We are looking for an organised and technologically switched on person to drive our on-line and social media engagement with a diversity of audiences and partners in the Southern African region, and in Switzerland. The digital communications specialist will ensure a constant flow of relevant, engaging and targeted content through the on-line and social media platforms of Pro Helvetia Johannesburg.
- Managing and driving the process of on-line content development and distribution, working with the programme team of Pro Helvetia Johannesburg
- Generating summary, accessible and interesting content on current and past projects supported by the organisation for our website, social media platforms and mailouts/e-newsletters
- Driving the social media presence of the organisation through relevant postings, links, comment and events
- Commissioning the translation of content into regional languages, where relevant
- Updating and maintaining organisational communications database
- Monitoring and reporting on our print media footprint and on-line traffic and response (Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc)
- Contributing to the development of overall communications strategy and plans for Pro Helvetia Johannesburg
- Writing/editorial skills
- Significant experience in generating targeted on-line media content and in using social media as an effective audience development tool
- An understanding of the audience and consumption base for the arts in South Africa and the SADC region
- Instinct for detail, accuracy and organisation combined with imagination and creativity
- Strong English language writing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadline
- Relevant undergraduate degree/diploma in communications or related field
- Relevant work experience in on-line content development and management (managing websites, on-line communication tools, social media and databases)
- Website design and technical skills and experience an advantage
- Experience in using image editing and design software an advantage
- Additional regional language/s (Swahili, French, Portuguese, etc) an advantage
Cost to Company: circa R236 000 per annum.
Please submit a motivation letter of no more than 300 words explaining how your skills and experience would prepare you for the role, together with a comprehensive but summary CV. Please also include in your motivation letter links to at least three examples of on-line content/material that you have previously developed. Please direct any inquiries relating to the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Monday the 4th of February 2019.
Email submissions to: email@example.com and cc to firstname.lastname@example.org.